Occupational Therapy provides services to those individuals whose abilities to cope with tasks of living are threatened or impaired. Occupational Therapy directs the patient in participation in selected tasks that restore, reinforce, and enhance performance and productivity, while promoting and maintaining health.
Occupational Therapy benefits a wide variety of people including those with:
- Work related injury / Repetitive stress injury
- Limitations following a stroke or heart attack
- Arthritis or other chronic conditions
- Developmental disabilities / Vision or cognitive problems
- Behavioral issues
- Burns, Spinal Cord Injuries, or Amputations
- Broken bones or other injuries from falls, sports, or accidents
Occupational Therapyís Ultimate Goal is to assist individuals to achieve or maintain their capacities to function in daily living activities at a level which allows for independence and development and maintenance of an individualís ability to perform tasks essential to productive living and to the mastery of self and the environment.
Batesville Therapy Clinic staff includes individuals who specialize in the treatment of the hand and upper extremities.